Viewing Resource: Project Planning
Good planning can make all the difference in creating a successful public health project. Project planning can be thought of as a series of specific steps, keys to success that will help projects of all types run smoothly and effectively. You don’t have to be a project management expert to successfully plan a project. If you carefully think things through and use common sense, your plan can provide a solid foundation for your project and help you make and communicate important decisions. After completing this course, you should be able to:
– Describe the basic steps needed for successful project planning.
– Create a clear project definition, including specific goals.
– Design an effective and practical project timeline.
– Identify roles and plan communication with people involved in a project.
– Plan for needed resources and budget.
– Identify possible problems with a project and ways you can deal with them.
– Plan to use tracking, effective problem-solving, and ongoing communication during the implementation phase to bring a project to a successful conclusion.