Ability to DISSEMINATE INFORMATION related to injury and/or violence prevention to the community, other professionals, key policy makers and leaders through diverse communication networks
Click to View Sub-Competencies
- Identify and differentiate the components and methods of designing and delivering effective messages for different audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare different types of written documents (e.g.written testimony, public health brief, fact sheet, press release, letter to the editor, policy statement, website content, etc.) to effectively communicate information about injury and/or violence.
- Be able to serve as a resource to the public, media and policy makers when appropriate and be able to provide referrals to other resources.
- Demonstrate the ability to be effectively interviewed by both broadcast and print media on an injury and/or violence topic.
- Participate in the preparation of a professional report or publication that addresses an injury and/or violence prevention finding or theory.
Topic: General Resources
|Adding Power to Our Voices – A Framing Guide for Communicating About Injury||IVP||Course|
|Communicating about Injury and Violence Prevention: Risk Communication in a New Light||IVP||Publication|
Topic: Culturally & Linguistically Appropriate Standards
|508 Compliant Charts & Graphics||Cross-cutting||Slides/Lecture|
|National CLAS Standards, Health Literacy and Communication||Cross-cutting||Webinar|
|U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health, Center for Linguistic and Cultural Competency in Health Care||Cross-cutting||Slides/Lecture|
Topic: Media / Social Media
|CDC Clear Communication Index||Cross-cutting||Publication|
|Effective Adult Learning: A Toolkit for Teaching Adults||Cross-cutting||Tool|
|Effective Evaluation: A Toolkit for Evaluating Presentations and Trainings||Cross-cutting||Tool|
|Effective Presentations: A Toolkit for Engaging an Audience||Cross-cutting||Tool|
|Evaluation Report Checklist||Cross-cutting||Tool|
|The Community Guide: What Works - Health Communication and Social Marketing||Cross-cutting||Publication|
|The Health Communicator’s Social Media Toolkit||Cross-cutting||Publication|
|Webinar Series: Social Media for IVP||IVP||Webinar|
|Webinar Series: Using Communication and Media to Prevent Injuries & Violence||IVP||Webinar|
|Writing for the Public||Cross-cutting||Slides/Lecture|